Sunday 15 January 2012

Sunday Mass


St. Andrew's Cathedral, Singapore

Inside the church, I looked on both sides slowly moved my eyes trying not to be noticed. I glanced at the back where I often see him standing...

Every Sunday for the past nine years of my life, I often catch myself glancing, trying to have a glimpse of his presence. He was a complete stranger then but I couldn't explained what pushed me to take a glimpse, a simple look on a person I barely knew.

My heart started to beat faster as I saw him from a far. His slim physique, dark brown eyes, and cheerful smile were enough reasons to complete my weekend.

As years went on, I had a chance to know him. He was really a nice person and as he became a special part of me I began to long for the weekend, a special time when I can be with him, have a chance to smile at him and even to talk to him.

During the mass, I asked God to bless him and to take care of him. I closed my eyes, smiled a bit and whispered, "God please make him notice me."

Another Sunday has come, familiar faces everywhere. I took a sign of the cross, bowed down, and whispered a short prayer.

I looked on both sides slowly moved my eyes trying not to be noticed. I glanced at the back where I often see him standing... The mass has ended, tears flowed out from my eyes because I knew right then I'll never see him again.


I wrote this in Feb 10, 2002 it was a Sunday. I made this for my husband who was still my boyfriend then. When you read the story I was like I'll never see him again. I just remembered he was just transferring to a new house in a different village. Young love, filled with fun romantic memories!


No comments:

Post a Comment