Monday 9 January 2012

Dear God

I spent days trying to reflect on the past year, 2011. Honestly, looking back at that year all I could remember was you kept me under your care and you showered my life with MIRACLES!

Lord, it was January of last year just after our Christian wedding in the Philippines when my sister Jessel had an operation and the cyst taken out from her was malignant. I remember I was shaking I felt cold as ice as she broke the news through a phone call she was at the hospital and just got the sad diagnosis from her doctor. My sister’s voice was calmed and composed she said, “Ate, I am ok I’ll just see you at the house.” At that point, what we went through with my Mom’s battle with cancer kept running into my mind and I said, “Lord, not again.” I looked at my father standing beside me he looked worried he seemed as if he couldn’t grasp the right words to say or what to think as of the moment but I saw in his eyes what he wanted to do and it was to PRAY! Suddenly, I felt ashamed because how can I be scared then, I knew how you took in control of our lives when my Mom was sick. Lord, in the lowest, darkest, saddest hour of our family losing my Mom you were there. And I clearly remember at that very moment I took my faith back and held it tightly and I trusted your plans for Jessel and for our family.

It was January of last year, Jessel was diagnosed with a malignant tumor and 6 months after, she was declared “CLEAN and FREE from any malignancy.” She was completely healed and Lord thank you we didn’t even spend a dime for her hospital bills. You have taken care of everything. Just like what the Pastor in our church said last week, “When God send trials, accept it with all your heart trust Him because He wanted you to learn something from it and then PROPHESIZE…SHARE the good news.”

My sister Jessel healthy and happy
celebrating God's gift of life (photo taken last Christmas 2011)
2011 was the first year I spent with my husband. Lord, you knew our 19 year-old love story, from childhood sweethearts, to teenage love team, until we became husband and wife. We even got through a long distance love affair for 1 year and 8 months before settling down it was not that easy for the two of us we even almost broke up but you heard our prayers and kept us holding on.

Priceless Gift I got from the Lord, my husband!
Last year was a great year for us, thank you Lord for blessing me a wonderful husband and a happy marriage. Everyday was filled with love and laughter. Looking back at the trials when we were still boyfriend and girlfriend seemed to be out of this world and seeing how we are right now just takes my breath away and say, “Praise you God for changing our lives. For planning our lives far better than what we have imagined our lives to be.”

Lastly, I have been searching and applying for job for almost a year now. Every now and then I got so depressed of not finding one my husband even asked me to pray and wait. But just like my Mom always tells me when she was still alive, Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find, knock and the door will be opened to you.” Lord, thank you true enough at your own perfect time I got a call last December 30 and I got a job! A job far better than I expected.


Lord, I praise and thank you for the countless miracles that you showered my life. The year 2011 was indeed I claimed to be my year. I saw your blessings unfolded one after another. It was an overwhelming year. As I face 2012 together with my husband, please continue to help us grow closer to you. May we always choose your will for our lives. May this year be our year in serving You. Lord, you know our heart desires we need your blessing and we need your divine guidance. All these I ask in your Mighty Name! 

                                                                                                                         Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment