Tuesday 24 January 2012

Missing my second home, PINOLE

The City of Pinole is a community of approximately 19,573 residents situated in Western Contra Costa County on the east side of San Francisco Bay, California. Pinole is approximately 30 miles northeast of San Francisco and 20 miles north of Oakland along Interstate Highway 80. In addition to the natural setting, Pinole is noted for its architectural heritage and historic past and for me its as simple as HOME...

Where you can Pinole
An old photo of Pinole taken approx 100 years ago

As a new immigrant in a foreign land I thought I was going to have a hard time adjusting to a new home, new environment and a new culture. But in a short period of time it surprised me that this small quiet city not only unfolded its natural beauty but introduced to me their people, naturally warm, cheerful, and friendly.
Welcome to Old Town Pinole
St. Joseph Church
Tennent Avenue, Pinole
 Home sweet Home
The view from the veranda (left side)
Another view from the veranda (front side) 
Our neighbor's healthy and well loved trees

I had a hard time leaving my life behind in the Philippines and it was bitter sweet that I felt when I left Pinole and moved here in Singapore to be with my husband. I guess I fell in love with my second home and I miss my friends who took us in as part of their families. Pinole, of course I will be home soon but for now let me cherish you through these photos I took the last time I was in your arms.
My Lola's (grandma) beautiful garden 
Lunch at my uncle's house
And I miss this little Misty the cute spoiled naughty indoor cat. 
What word did I miss?
Another Lunch time at my uncle's house I miss this terribly
Old house at Fernandez Park
Trail where we jog or do walking in the afternoon
The very old Railway maybe 100 years old
A very nice historical site, makes me wonder how the train before looks like
Made of huge hard wood sometimes I wonder how they assembled it
piece by piece
Cold water but this bird needs an afternoon bath
The creek that leads to the open bay
That white fence is the new railway and at the back of those trees is the bay
The sun is setting and the view becomes more inviting
Going back to the trail
One last look at the creek, calm and very relaxing to look at
This is at the back of St. Joseph Church
On our way home
I love this house looks cozy
Another trail on our way home but this one is shorter
Yes it is a big STOP
This is 9:00 in the evening during summertime 

The pictures that reminds me of what HOME looks like. I miss all of you and I'll be seeing you soon!


To know more about Pinole, California visit
http://www.ci.pinole.ca.us/about/history_summary.html

2 comments:

  1. Yehey! ganda naman ng mga pictures...panalo!

    See you soon. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tay!

    I saw these pictures and I suddenly miss our home... :(

    ReplyDelete