Tuesday 17 July 2012

New Hope after Death


We all know that death is the last page of our book of life. And death of a loved one is one of the most painful to get through. Some were taken in a snap and the others grieve in suffering of disease. Though any of these, we all caught unprepared to let them go.

My mother died of ovarian cancer she battled with the disease for 2 years. I could still remember clearly the last hour I locked myself inside the comfort room my tummy was aching terribly because of great stress. Somebody from my family knocked on the door and told me that my mom wanted to talk to me.
Sad place, the final resting place for those who left us and a painful
remembrance that they are not coming back.
Location: Himlayang Pilipino, Quezon City Philippines
I went out and stood on the side of her bed, my mom looked at me with tears rolling down her cheeks, she was too weak to utter any word and I said, “Mommy, its ok sleep now and go home to heaven.” I never said this during her battle because I was trying to give her strength to continue fighting.  As she closed her eyes our family knew that it was the end of it. My mom left us that morning and we were forced to accept it as winning the battle than thinking we lost it.

My mom won because she accepted cancer and surrendered her fate to God. She died but she got her freedom from pain and suffering. Our family kept her spirit burning inside us as we pray that she left this world for a better place. She found her peace and has received an eternal life in God’s kingdom.
But we could look at this place with HOPE that our loved ones left for a better place.
Death brings eternal life to those who believe in Christ's kingdom.
Location: Himlayang Pilipino, Quezon City Philippines
And for us, who lost a loved one hold on to this verse from the bible;

“Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.” - Psalm 23:4

No comments:

Post a Comment