Thursday 19 July 2012

Charming Details


Whenever we come home to Manila for vacation we always stay in our Uncle Mario and Aunt Gina’s house. During my wedding, since we already moved to US our whole family stayed here, their three bedrooms were stretched to accommodate seven of us, my dad, my grandma, my husband, and my sisters. May I mention that this house once accommodated four families who were in the country for our grandparents’ 50th wedding anniversary back in 2004. I wonder how we managed to fit in. Nevertheless, our family feels that this house is our second home here in the Philippines.


Maximizing this 120-square foot lot made every space functional. The unique decors collected by my aunt from their trips gave a personalized touch. Coordinating pieces made the collection more interesting and pleasing to the eyes. 

Timeless Chic

Vintage phone and customized lamp
Wooden carvings from Vietnam
Antique Ceba pendulum clock circa 1950's from our grandparents' house 
Stylish clock from Malaysia
Ceramic balls as centerpiece
Spanish Inspired, Baldosa tiles 
Ikea hanging lamp to light up the staircase

I admire my aunt with her taste of choosing the chic curtains and colorful printed pillowcases which she said shouldn't go beyond her budget. She loves shopping at department stores like Trinoma and sometimes having the luxury of time visits Divisoria to get a better deal. The secret is knowing the trick of "mix and match" that can create more different looks for the house.

Classic Corners

Sepak Takraw balls made of rattan
Antique table from my grandfather's barber shop circa 1950's 

Personalized Spaces





Customized dinning table

Cozy customized day bed from Abubot, SM North Edsa

Zen Space in the Backyard



Relaxes the senses
This is one of the many reasons why we keep coming back to the Philippines. This house reminds us that we can go miles away but we will always have a family to come home to. Philippines is still Home Sweet Home.

Captured and edited using Iphone 4s photos

No comments:

Post a Comment